MACCT/MBA/MFIN/MGM/MMGT/MME/MRISK reunion classes ('64, '69, '74, '79, '84, '89, '94, '98, '04, and '09) are invited to the Graduate Alumni Reunion Party on Friday, May 2, 2014
Friday, May 2, 2014
Graduate Alumni Reunion Party at the Pavilion of Two Sisters in New Orleans City Park, 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
This year's Graduate Alumni Reunion Party is held in conjunction with the Freeman School's Centennial Celebration.
BBA/BSM reunion classes ('64, '69, 74, '79, '84, '89, '94, '99, '04, '09) are invited to Homecoming 2014!
Chat with Dean Ira Solomon - 4 p.m. - 1111 Goldring/Woldenberg Hall II
Tour the Freeman School complex - 4:30 p.m. - meet on plaza outside both Goldring/Woldenberg Hall I and II
All-Alumni Homecoming Party/Helluva Hullabaloo Auction - 6 p.m. - Lavin-Bernick Center, Qatar Ballroom
Tailgating - 11 a.m. - Mercedes-Benz Superdome
TBA v. Tulane- 2:30 p.m. - Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Beginning in 2010-11, the Freeman School hosts class reunions twice a year. We hope this change will assist class organizers to plan more easily.
For BBAs and BSMs, we include the reunion years in our Homecoming plans during the fall and assist individual classes on an as-requested basis. Those classes being celebrated are those of the previous 5- and 10-year increments. (For example, in 2011, we honored the classes of 2006, 2001, 1996, 1991, 1986, etc.)
For all MACCTs, MBAs, MFINs, MGMs, MMGTs, MRISKs, and PhDs, we host a reception in the spring on a Friday evening prior to one of New Orleans' premier events (French Quarter Fest, Jazz Fest, etc.). This event is open to all alumni from the previous 5- and 10-year classes. (For example, in 2011, we honored the classes of 2006, 2001, 1996, 1991, 1986, 1981, etc.) The event in 2014 is scheduled for Friday, May 2, beginning at 7 p.m. at City Park's Pavilion of the Two SIsters and Botanical Garden. Please visit www.freeman.tulane.edu/reunion for more information.
Interested in seeing your former classmates?
Every class has its own personality, and no one knows what activities "work" for the class better than the classmates. So, we're here to help you plan your class reunion, and we have the following suggestions:
- Begin planning a minimum of nine months ahead of when you want to meet. (Fall for BBA/BSM graduates; spring for MACCT/MBA/MFIN/MGM/MMGT/MRISK/PhD graduates.)
- Contact Rhonda Brown at the beginning of your planning; she'll assist you with a list of your classmates and their contact information and will be your contact throughout.
- Form a reunion committee of three to five classmates that can assist with planning the activities, contacting your classmates, etc.
- Contact local hotels (see the list at www.freeman.tulane.edu/reunion) and establish a block of rooms for classmates to reserve. You may want to enlist the help of the university's travel portal at: www.campustravel.com/university/tulane.
- Begin soliciting ideas from your classmates on what to do while you're in New Orleans (i.e., meet at your favorite watering hole on Friday night, picnic at The Fly, dinner at a favorite restaurant on Saturday evening, brunch on Sunday before everyone returns home, etc.).
- Update your contact list for resubmission to the school so its database will contain the latest contact information.
Items to consider:
- Will children be in attendance? (As you know, the city is full of children-oriented activities: zoo, aquarium, insectarium, Children's Museum, and Storyland and Carousel Gardens Amusement Park at City Park.)
- If children are coming, do you want to arrange to bring sitters to keep them busy while the adults go out?
- Do you want to share the cost of a "hospitality" suite at the hotel where you'll be staying so the classmates have a place to hang out after the spouses and children retire for the evening?