Marketing /Research Statistics
Small Business Supporting Organizations
Youth Entrepreneurship Resources Information
- shows teaching methods within Entrepreneurship that educators can use to teach their students about small business and new venture creation.
- recognized internationally for its entrepreneurial leadership in a changing global environment.
Consortium for Entrepreneurship Education
- Helps people of all ages find their own entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Financial aid tool guide for college students
Harvard Business School
- online video clips of entrepreneurs. The video clips are free to watch, and are linked to cases and other helpful supporting materials.
- Symposia for Entrepreneurship Educators
Dun & Bradstreet
- information solutions for businesses.
Entrepreneurship.gov - online resource to build economies and foster entrepreneurship worldwide (Currently under construction)
- one stop shopping for Federal statistics.
Hoovers Online Company Information
- on-line business network
- market investor guide.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- international commercial resources.
- a guide for business insurance for small businesses.
- a guide for developing business plans.
- magazine that highlights the latest in entrepreneurial ventures.
- magazine that highlights the latest fastest growing start-ups
Global Entrepreneurship Institute (gCase.org)
- Non-profit "open source" online resource for high tech entrepreneurs.
LBTC Business Incubator
- is a competition to encourage students and individuals to pursue entrepreneurial ventures and develop high-growth businesses.
- fortune magazine that provide content for Small Businesses.
New Times Business
- business planning tool guide.
- platform for launching emerging technologies.
- magazine is designed specifically to serve the growing entrepreneur, the home-based and small-business markets.
Tulane Business Plan Competition
- The Tulane Entrepreneurs Association with assistance from Levy Rosenblum Institute provide an educational and supportive opportunity to present venture concepts before a panel of judges.
- educational resources for business-owning families and the professionals who serve them.
Family Business Magazine
- a monthly magazine written exclusively for the owners and managers of family companies.
Family Firm Institute
- an international professional organization dedicated to assisting family firms by increasing the interdisciplinary skills and knowledge of family business advisers, educators, researchers and consultants.
- Family-owned business resources for multi-generational companies and those just starting out.
- is the home of free, accurate business statistics.
- provides American demographic statistics and market information.
- one stop shopping for Federal statistics.
Greater New Orleans Community Data Center
- local data experts dedicated to community change
U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- labor statistics on current workforce.
U. S. Census Bureau
- information to help your research, service or product development.
- since the founding of A Better Chance in 1964, its mission has rested on a single goal to substantially increase the number of well-educated minority youth capable of assuming positions of responsibility and leadership in American society.
- magazine for minority entrepreneurs.
- online career Q&A, links to women professional organizations and regional groups.
Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO)
- an organization dedicated to informing, supporting, and inspiring college students to be entrepreneurial and seek opportunity through enterprise creation.
- Internet search engine.
- Promotes economic prosperity in America's inner cities through private sector engagement.
Louisiana Minority Business Council
- collaboration for minority-owned businesses.
National Women's Business Council
- information and links specifically focused on the woman business owner interested in doing business with the federal government.
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
(NFTE) - assist young people from low-income communities build skills and unlock their entrepreneurial creativity.
BrainTrack.com - offers in-dept US college and career profiles as well as degree and wage statistics for over 400 occupations that require college education for entry of advancement.
CareerBuilder.com - nationwide job openings, plus practical career advice: interview tips, cover letter and resume writing tricks, and help with negotiating your salary.
Collegeboard.com - college readiness resource for high school students.
Collegenet.com - college and financial aid information
Collegescholarships.com - college resource site.
CoolWorks.com - work opportunities at resorts, theme parks, and vacation areas.
Embark.com - serves everyone involved in the transition to higher education.
Fastweb.com - sign-up for scholarship information online.
Finaid.org - financial aide research engine.
Free-4u.com - scholarships, grants, fellowship, awards and funds news magazine.
GRIP Magazine- internet resource for grants, loans, and financial aid listings for pre-college students.
Harvard University Business School - a video archive that capture insights from leading members of the Harvard entrepreneurial community.
HeadHunter.net- commercial bulletin board
Jobtrak - opportunities for college students Monster.com - job openings, online career counselors, live chats, and an extensive database of employer profiles.
Petersons Education Directories - a comprehensive guide to college information.
Scholarship Resource Network - search engine and database of private scholarships designed to assist students identify sources for undergraduate through postgraduate study.
Small Business Supporting Organizations
- an economic development resource that offers business assistance.
Arts Incubator/Arts Council of New Orleans
- is a private, non-profit organization designated as the City's official arts agency.
Central Louisiana Business Incubator
- resource and business support for non-profits.
Highland Entrepreneurial Center
- portal to share advice and insight on the process of entrepreneurship, innovation and company building
- an incubator and resource center for entrepreneurship
JEDCO Enterprise Center
- an economic development resource center for Jefferson Parish of Louisiana.
Louisiana Business Incubation Association
- Louisiana business incubators focused on creating jobs and developing local economies.
LSU Small Business Development Center
- provides assistance to entrepreneurs and small businesses to stimulate small business formation, growth and development.
Louisiana Technology Park
- resource for young start-up companies.
Louisiana Economic Development
- resource for expansion or relocation to Louisiana.
Louisiana Works: Department of Labor
- offers business resources and training.
Metro/Regional Business Incubator
- industry associations guide.
MicroEnterprise Development Alliance of Louisiana
- a statewide association that supports microenterprise opportunities.
- National Federation of Independent Businesses.
- National Business Incubation Association.
New Orleans BioInnovation Center
- a biotechnology wet lab.
- free online consulting for small businesses
Small Business Resource Network
- helpful advice from more than 100 small business & Internet experts
- provides a clearinghouse of information to connect emerging entrepreneurs and small businesses with resources tailored to fit your organizations growth need.
Univ of New Orleans Research & Technology Park
- an university-based incubator for tenants, the university and the community
U. S. Small Business Administration
- an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business.
Allan Houston Foundation- a unique collaboration of celebrity, corporate and civic organizations that promotes entrepreneurship driven towards the greater good of the community.
Amazon Your Business- a guide to sustainable products from the forest and rivers of the Amazon. A must read for business persons, politicians, economists, students and anyone interested in the Amazon conservation, development cooperation, poverty alleviation and sustainable development.
Ashoka - fast track for social change.
Asset Building- enables persons to accumulate and preserve long-term productive assets.
Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship - Duke University's center for the social entrepreneurship and offers great research tools to the social entrepreneur.
CDVCA (Community Development Venture Capital Alliance) - trade association for the rapidly growing community development venture capital industry.
Community Wealth Ventures - assist non-profit organizations and develops community investment strategies for corporations.
Dell Social Innovation Competition - a competition that engages students from all around the world who want to improve areas of critical human need through innovation.
Echoing Green Foundation - provides fellowship to social entrepreneurs who are creating their own non-profit or community organization.
Foundation Strategy Group - an international consulting firm focused on the development of corporate social responsibility.
Harnessing the Private Sector - a wonderful article supplied by the World Economic Forum.
Idealist.org - Action without Borders connects nonprofit and community organizations.
Institute for Social Entrepreneurs - provides seminars, workshops and coaching services for social enterprises in the United States and around the world.
John Elstrott, Executive Director of LRI, presents: Conscious Capitalism and Entrepreneurship to Freeman Alum in San Francisco.
John Elstrott, Executive Director of LRI, presents, The Conscious Entrepreneur to the Freeman Alum in Los Angeles
John Elstrott, Executive Director of LRI, presents "Altruism, Capitalism and the Enlightened Entrepreneur"
John Elstrott Video Bio
John Mackey, CEO/Founder of Whole Foods presents "Conscious Capitalism"
National Social Venture Competition
NFF Capital Partners - helps non-profit organizations in receiving capital and placement services
Nextbillion.net - resource center for social enterprise development.
Program on Social Entrepreneurship - sponsored by Yale School of Management
Propeller - diverse group of entrepreneurs that discuss the challenges facing the city and work colllaboratively to identify solutions to the challenges
REDF (Formerly the Roberts Enterprise Development Fund) the foundation partners with a portfolio of San Francisco Bay Area nonprofit organizations to create jobs and training opportunities in social purpose enterprises.
School for Social Entrepreneurs - academic study on social entrepreneurship.
Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship - funding for social entrepreneurship ventures.
Social Edge - great resources provided by social entrepreneurs for social entrepreneurs.
Social Enterprise Alliance is a membership organization devoted exclusively to building sustainable nonprofits through earned income strategies.
Social Entrepreneurs of New Orleans (SENO) - diverse group that discuss the challenges facing the city and work collaboratively to identify solutions to the challenges
Social Innovation Conversations - an open and collaborative online platform for cross sector and multidisciplinary learning for a social change.
Social Venture Partners - programs centered on education, children and the environment.
Skoll Foundation - a foundation focused on creating a sustainable world of peace and prosperity.
Stewart Satter Program - NYU supports new educational and research initiatives and fosters social venture creation.
World Economic Forum - an independent organization dedicated in engaging leaders across the world to form partnerships to shape the global, regional and industry agendas.
Yale School of Management - focuses on partnerships with non profit organization.
- Assists start-ups wishing to acquire funding.
National Venture Capital Association
- Headquarters for the National Venture Capital Association
- Site for Red Herring, which covers high tech venture capital. Online material is tailored more towards the VC community itself.
- An innovative concept that combines entrepreneurs and "sleeping capital" to form or expand a business.
Social Venture Partners
- programs centered on education, children and the environment.
- Online magazine dealing with venture capital
- Electronic site for the Upside magazine that covers high tech venture capital network
Venture Capital Marketplace
- List publicly traded microcap issues.
- Buying guides, toll-free numbers, etc.
- Wholesale products and suppliers.
- Browse the online catalog
- Connecting retailers, wholesalers, and consumers
Youth Entrepreneurship Resources
eWeb - St. Louis University entrepreneurship portal.
EcEdWeb - Economic Education Web
Economics America - National Council on Economic Education
LTBN - entrepreneurial support community.
EDTEC - (Education, Training and Enterprise Center) Provides your entrepreneurs with training.
ERIC - Educational Resources Information Center
Junior Achievement - community of opportunity creators for kids.
Kidsway - a new organization that specializes in entrepreneurship for youth. Check them out for materials, newsletters and training.
The Mint - economic and entrepreneurial resources for Middle-School and High-School students, teachers and parents.
NFTE - National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship
Oklahoma Innovation Institute - resource for CEO and Presidents of small to mid-size companies.
Young Americans Education Foundation- created for young people interested in working for themselves.
Last Updated 1/8/14