Incorporating the Internet in Your Job Search
- The Riley Guide - is a guide to using the Internet to aid in your job search. Included in this free document is information on using the Internet, how the Internet can be a tool in the job search and recruiting process, and links to hundreds of job resources, services, and information guides all over the Internet.
- InternshipGPS - your Source for MBA Internships! (InternshipGPS, developed for MBA students by MBA students, is your #1 source for MBA internships and for information and tips related to resumes, cover letters and internship interviews and more.)
Special Interest Group Resources
Local Events and Resources
Career Information By Discipline
Tips for Preparing A Resume for the Internet
Relocation Considerations When Comparing Job Offers
Salary Calculator - compare salary offers and cost-of-living by City. Can assist job seekers in determining the salary needed to live in selected geographical areas.
Homefair - provides interactive tools and useful information so you can stay organized, make the right decisions, and keep more of your own money when buying a home, selling a home, or relocating. You can find the following items at Homefair:
- Moving Calculator - estimate interstate moving costs in the United States.
- The Insurance Professor - find the most competitive rates.
- Relocation Wizard - provides a timeline for planning your move.
- City SnapShots - compare how two cities stack up to one another with respect to demographic, economic, and climate information.
- Relocation Crime Lab - Compare crime rates in over 500 U.S. cities.
- Mortgage Qualifier - determine the maximum loan amount for which you qualify, based on standard lender rules.
Internet Resume Sites: (These are sites which do not charge for posting your Resume.)
- Career Expo - choose between public and private database. Public contains all your information; Private forwards interested employers to you without revealing your name, phone or email address.
- Career Mosaic: ResumeCM - job seekers can search the resume database: check out the competition, make connections, get ideas for your resume.
- Job Web - employment statistics, resume service, and world-wide openings.
Non-Profits & Government
Sports, Summer Camps, Resorts, & National Parks
General Job Listings
General Job Listings (for Alumni)
- JobWeb - maintained by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. Listings focus on positions for graduates and alumni.
Other Useful Links for Job Hunters
Fortune 500 Job Source
- New York
- Virginia and Washington, DC
- Silicon Valley
- FORTUNE Personnel Consultants
- Internet Job Source
- JobBank USA
- Job Hunt - a mega-list of on-line job search resources and services provides one-stop stopping for links to most of the Web's employment-related pages.
- Job Search
- Job Star
- Marketing Classified - an employment web-site that specializes in posting marketing jobs from across the US and also posts resumes for free.
- National Banking Network - jobs in banking and finance.
- NationJob Network - jobs in all fields, many countries.
- Net Temps
- Recruiters OnLine Network - a nationwide association of recruiters with multiple job listings.
- Salary Negotiating Strategies
- Salary Surveys - links to 150 salary surveys - general and profession-specific on the Web.
- True Careers
- American Job BankEuropean Business Directory Globalgateway - national internship listings Accounting.
- LatPro - job leads in Latin and South America.
- Naukri - job leads in India.
- Editor and Publisher Interactive - help-wanted sections of local newspapers around the world.
- International Career Employment Weekly - online publications and electronic editions of print publications that are dedicated to advertising international positions.
- International Business Resources - starting point for locating international employers and learning about local business scenes. This site is maintained by the Michigan State University Center for International Business Education and Research. It directs you to hundreds of resources for international business new, newspapers, government resources and company directories.
- Expat Exchange - learn about others' experiences, opportunities and expectations and share your own.
- Expat Forum
- The Electronic Embassy - linking the staffs and resources of the Washington DC embassy community .
- US. Department of State - information on US International policies, hot topics updated daily, business services including reports on many regions, and careers with the State Department.
- Latin MBA - in addition to employment, LatinMBA.com provides a virtual channel to conduct business. The Business Opportunities Section helps you find financing sources (private equity, etc.), strategic partners, customers and suppliers. Registered MBAs post can business opportunities for free.
Last Updated 7/23/14