Media Services provides a comprehensive array of classroom technology and digital media support.
Contact the Media Services staff.
Classroom media support:
Request media required for your classes using the Media Services Request form. Also use this form for one-time meeting, seminar, or other event media requests, such as computer projection or conference phone setup.
Adobe Connect provides a highly customizable web conferencing solution that can be used for training sessions, guest lectures, small group review meetings, and information sessions.
Library and research
The Turchin Library provides research support, course reserves, and other library services.
Contact the Turchin Library staff.
The comprehensive LibGuide is a guide to services available to Freeman School faculty, including:
- Course reserves
- Instructional support
- Online databases
- Interlibrary loan
- Research support
A wide array of technology resources are available for faculty and staff in support of research, teaching, and administrative functions.
Contact the Information Technology staff.
Software and hardware purchases:
- For your office, research & classroom: coordinate with the Director of Technology and Library.
- For a personal purchase: visit the Technology Connection in the LBC or the E-Academy site (link available on the referenced page). Value-added-resellers sometimes offer direct contact, see the Director of Technology and Library for more information.
The Tools for Technology pages document the Freeman School's student notebook computer requirement. Students using Macintoshes can learn how to run Windows programs to satisfy course requirements on the About the Macintosh page.
There are several secured areas in Goldring Woldenberg Halls I and II (GW1 & GW2) - keep your Tulane ID with you to gain access to the buildings and secured areas.
- Both buildings lock at 10:00 PM and open again at 7:00 AM. Swipe your card through the card access device located near an entrance door to enter the building.
- GW1 floors 5 & 6 and the mezzanine in GW2 are secured after 10:00 PM weeknights and all day on weekends. Use your ID card to gain elevator access to those floors.
The Top 10
- The Freeman Directory is a comprehensive directory of current faculty, staff, and students organized by program or year (link available on the referenced page). You can create a class photo roster using the provided tools. Login using your Freeman ID and password.
- Tulane Self Service Password Reset is available at https://password.tulane.edu.
- Beware of Phishing Scams. University network and e-mail administrators will never, under any circumstances, request your password via e-mail or from a non-Tulane website.
- Campus-wide WiFi. Connect to the Eduroam network on-campus and at participating institutions; login with your Tulane ID and password. Register the wireless address for your notebook computer or smart device for campus-wide wireless access.
- Anti-Virus for your notebook computer is availalble free of charge: Tulane's site license for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise.
- Configure printing from a notebook computer in the Freeman network. Refer to our TechNotes to map Freeman print server network drive and add Freeman network printers.
- Gibson Online contains links to administrative services including benefits, pay stubs, card services, Banner student information system, and more.
- The Blackboard learning management system (LMS) is used campus-wide for course resources.
- WaveMail is Tulane's e-mail system; access faculty/staff and departmental accounts from the referenced page.
- Cloud-based storage is available using Tulane's enterprise Box online storage license.