Prerequisites must be completed prior to beginning the MACCT program.
- Financial Accounting (Freeman School ACCN 2010 or 6010 or equivalent)
- Managerial or Cost Accounting (Freeman School ACCN 3010 or 6020 or equivalent)
- Intermediate Accounting I & II (Freeman School ACCN 3100 & 4110 or equivalent); or three semester hours of graduate intermediate accounting.
NOTE: Courses must be instructed in accordance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP).
MACCT core Courses (18 credit hours)
- Ethics in Accounting and Finance
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Managerial Accounting
- Business Law
- Tax Planning for Corporate Decisions
MACCT Electives (12 credit hours)
- Accounting Research
- Advanced Auditing
- Alternative Financial Accounting Frameworks
- Accounting and Performance Management
- Government and Not-For-Profit Accounting
- Public Accounting Internship
- Professional Accounting Internship
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting Information Systems
- Research in Taxation
- Taxation of Individuals
- Taxation of Partnerships and S-Corporations
- Energy Accounting
- Financial Accounting Seminar
- Independent Study - Accounting
- Independent Study - Taxation
Each MACCT student will meet with a faculty advisor to develop a curriculum that is tailored to their interests and goals.