Employers and recruiters look for candidates whose knowledge extends beyond the academics of business. An employees real value comes to them through the experience they've earned. The Tulane MBA program values experiential learning, and it is a theme that runs through all coursework and concentrations. Students can develop their interests, gain hands-on experience, and offer value to their future employers.
- Burkenroad Reports - Students analyze a public company to create a report about its investment potential. Research entails interviewing top management, visiting company sites, and analyzing industry information and financial documents. Experience earned working on Burkenroad Reports has helped place hundreds of alumni in careers at investment firms.
- Darwin Fenner Fund - Students manage a mutual fund portfolio by learning to screen and analyze stocks using sophisticated research and databases. The student-run Darwin Fenner Fund regularly outperforms the S&P 500 and other benchmarks.
- Equity analysis on Bloomberg Professional - MBA students have access to a lab of terminals running Bloomberg Professional, a standard platform in investment firms worldwide. Students take advantage of this research resource across the curriculum, and graduates often find this platform used in their new jobs.
- The Freeman Consulting Group - Students who are members of the Freeman Consulting Group provide pro bono services to small business and non-profits in the New Orleans area. They learn real-world application of their knowledge in helping clients address their most critical challenges.
- New Venture Planning - Students work directly with the founders of local startups who are integral to the city's growth and notoriety as an entrepreneurship hub. Students learn about the entrepreneurial process as they work with startup teams and develop business models.
Through these initiatives and others, Freeman students develop hands-on experience that corporate recruiters care about and that is applicable to real-world business issues.
Last Updated 7/15/15
| Request Information
| Apply Now