BSM Major Ambassador Program
Do you remember what if felt like to be a freshman or sophomore trying to figure out what to major in? Maybe you had an older friend or mentor help you figure it out. How would you like to pay it forward and help out a fellow BSM student with that big decision? Become a BSM Major Ambassador!
- Share your experiences in the following areas: selecting your major, classes that helped you decide, other resources you used to make your decision, anecdotal information from people you've met in the industry, interviewing and internship experiences you've had, etc.
- Be present at Freeman School Orientation on the Sunday before classes begin in the fall to answer questions from parents and freshmen.
- Allow your name and email address or other contact info to be on the BSM website as a BSM Major Ambassador.
- Be responsive to students who contact you (respond within 72 hours).
- Share your experience at Freeman with prospective students and families and lead them on tours of the business school.
- Commit to the program for at least 2 consecutive semesters
- Be a BSM rising Junior or Senior.
- Have a declared business major.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have completed at least 2 required courses in your major with a B or higher grade.
- Complete a brief application and interview.
- Private events and team building activities
- The good feeling you'll get from helping out a fellow BSM student
- Resume builder
To apply to become a BSM Major Ambassador, please complete the following application or download, complete, and return the following pdf by email. Contact Kate Levitov-Baxter by email or at 504.862.8035 if you have any questions.