Tulane Energy Trading Competition 2009
Who: All finalists will be notified via email by Wednesday October 28, 2009.
When: November 13, 2009 - November 14, 2009
Where: Tulane University, A.B. Freeman School of Business, New Orleans, LA
Attire: Business Casual
For a pdf of the case packet, click here.
For Excel Files on Natural Gas and Crude Oil to Accompany the Case, click here.
1) Inform firstname.lastname@example.org of you plans to attend. If you fail to verify your intent prior to October 30, 2009, your space will be given to the next team.
2) Send most recent resume in Word of PDF format to email@example.com
3) Please verify your personal information.
Click here for accommodation suggestions. Please remember that these are only suggestions and you may stay wherever you so choose. Competition administrators and sponsors will not provide any funding or reimbursements of expenses incurred during finals. These parties include, but are not limited to: Tulane University, the A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane Energy Club, and any and all sponsors attending this event.
For a detailed description of the schedule of events, please visit the calendar page
- This portion of the competition will be individual trading, NOT team trading
- Each student will make a presentation before and after trading to the judges
- There will be two trading sessions. The morning session will be Natural Gas trading and the afternoon session will be Crude Oil trading.
- Winners will be determined by the Judges based on a combination of trading, risk management, strategy, and presentation skills.
- Cases for the final competition will be sent to each finalist via email.
Prizes for the top 4 winners will be:
- An Internship with Webster Capital working on the CME/NYMEX
- An internship with Mirant Corporation
- An internship with Luminant Corporation
- A $500 cash prize provided by Sequent
These prizes are not ranked in award order, rather these are the choices available to the top four winners. First place will choose one of the four, second place will choose one of the remaining three, and so on.
The top 4 winners will also receive a one year license from Thomson Reuters for access to their 3000XTRA software and data, an award worth over $15,000 per student.
Geneva Trading will also be providing a trip to Chicago for an interview for one of the contestants in the competition.
The awards are provided to the individuals, not teams, chosen by our panel of judges, who are deemed to be the best, overall student traders in the Final Round of competition.
The winners of this competition will be determined by the judges. The judges are traders and executives from the following companies:
This gives each of the students the opportunity to display their skills to leaders in the energy trading industry. Students will be interacting with these judges throughout the competition.
- Mirant Corp.
- Geneva Trading
- Sequent Energy
- Webster Capital
- Aardvark Energy
- Shell Trading
- Sempra Energy
- Webster Capital
- Johnson Rice
- Goldman Sachs
For additional information please contact Fran Wild at firstname.lastname@example.org or (504) 865-5427. Otherwise, please direct all other inquiries to email@example.com.
Last Updated 11/11/09